Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Feeling the burn...

Definitely a painful few days, as I'm now at a net loss of about $150. Awesome.

The market has just taken a drubbing the past few days. It doesn't help that this is "banks tell us how hard they've fucked up" week, with WaMu and a bunch of others writing down and taking losses like crazy. Add to that GE's performance on Friday and my tech and pharma stocks are eating it just from the halo effect.

Intel posted good numbers which should help, Abbott SHOULD get approval for their coated stents, perhaps this week and they announce pre-market today, in about 2-3 hours, I'd imagine. Hopefully good news; all signs point to yes. If they're anything below expectations, I'm pretty rightly fucked.

Rumor abounds that Tessera won the arbitration with Amkor; they're just discussing awards now. That will be huge for them, so I'm holding both these long for now, basically tapping my cash reserves entirely. Need a bounceback here; it's getting brutal and I'm not even in financials, aerospace/airlines or retail. Ugh.

No comments: