Thursday, May 29, 2008

What's up with Berkshire...

I exited Berkshire Hathaway about a month ago because I was growing impatient and liked to see more movement. Ironically, I'm now trending towards more medium-termed plays, but I'm looking out for short-term/day-trades that will work, too.

Berkshire slammed down into the $4,035 range last Thursday, a support that it had broached the Friday before that before rebounding about $90. It's a pretty clearly established support; it hasn't dipped (more than 1%) below $3,900 since it first passed that point August 20th, 2007.

Clearly, a lot of people are recognizing it as a good time to average in for the long haul. BRK/B hit $5,059 in early December but started to slide real fast from that resistance point. It's probably closer to it's market-based "intrinsic value" at the near $4,400 mark, but I think it could easily continue on upward and break $4,600 next week. I'm not putting my money where my mouth is, but let's just watch what happens over the next week or two.

Things have been very busy at work, but I'll be getting back into this more and more over the next couple of weeks, as I'm consolidating my Scottrade and Thinkorswim portfolios. (I work at Phoenix, Arizona Web Development firm Synapse Studios as my day job. See my blog there.)

No comments: